Tilgate Forest

Submitted by Eag1E on Mon, 02/22/2010 - 18:38

Theres been some noise recently about some proper trail building going on here. (Its in the crawley\gatwick area for those unawares)

There is a facebook group now setup -

[url]http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=4941998611[/url]

which may be of interest to those local to the area.

-------snippet-------

Hi Chaps.

I was at a meeting today with the Forestry Commission/CTC & Sustrans.

We met at Tilgate and had a good look round looking at the downhill stuff as well as the single track nr the M23.

The plan is set up a club affiliated to the CTC, they will supply insurance cover as well as advice and expertise to ensure that anything that is built is to the CTC standards, which is what the FC want.

The CTC will publicise the new club the new club in the next magazine which goes to press soon, and there will be a meeting in April (probably at K2) to discuss everything that everyone wants.

In order to move forward we need a minimum of 10 people to form a club. After then we can get going with sorting out the single track that has been damaged by the enduro events and the harvesting.

You can express interest in joining the new club by emailing the following two guys.

Ian Warby who is the CTCs MTB man:
ian.warby@CTC.org.uk

or

Iain Skinner Area Land Agent at the Forestry Commission: iain.skinner@forestry.gov.uk

It will be great to get as many people signed up as possible, as its the best way to be involved with moving things forward.

Let me know if you have any questions. And I hope to see you at the meeting in April.

Cheers
Simon

-------snippet-------