Saturday and Sunday road rides usually meet at our Club HQ in Salfords, Surrey - at the Perrywood Sports and Social Club. Sunday rides also occasionally start from Woodhatch Park near Reigate and away days further afield.
The address for Perrywood (affectionately known as 'The PSSC') is:
95 Honeycrock Ln,
Redhill RH1 5JN
The What3Words location is: https://w3w.co/begun.kings.glory There is plenty of parking should you be driving.
For those thinking of trying out with Redhill CC, please scroll to the bottom of this section.
For current RCC members, check on the RCC Piota App where Ride Leaders will post details of their ride planned for the day.
ALL RIDERS MUST CARRY AN 'ICE' CARD CONTAINING EMERGENCY CONTACT DETAILS
ALL the Group Rides have a tea-stop, which is the published destination for the ride, at about the mid-point of the ride.
The Surrey Hills where we ride can indeed be hilly. If particularly difficult hills are included in a ride these will be indicated in the Leader’s posted ride description.
- All group rides are limited to 6 riders (8 absolute maximum) including the ride leader.
- Official club kit is the preferred option for club rides but always wear bright clothing and use bright rear lights. Surrey lanes are often in deep shade at any time of the year and you need to be seen.
- Helmets are mandatory. Cycling gloves and glasses are strongly recommended.
- Bikes should be in a safe condition and properly maintained.
- Always carry
- suitable clothing for the weather
- a tool kit including 2 spare tubes, tyre levers, and a pump
- mobile phone (ensure that you share numbers with the ride leader)
- an ICE CARD with phone numbers of your next of kin (don’t just rely on your phone)
- Ride Leaders have the right to decline riders who are not suitably dressed or equipped.