BBC filming on Box Hill

Submitted by Michael G Ormerod on Wed, 09/17/2014 - 12:17
Forums

I have received the following message. If you interested in being filmed on Box Hill, please contact Katie Hughes direct with a note/email to me.

From Katie Harris

I am an Assistant Producer on the latest series of the popular and long-running BBC television series 'Escape to the Country'. In case you are not familiar with the show, 'Escape to the Country' is essentially a property programme, but as well as showing potential house buyers a line-up of best fit rural properties, each programme showcases specific cultural or heritage highlights of the county were searching in.

Every programme features a 5 minute short film where our presenter explores a particular feature of that county which also has national significance  so clearly cycling the Box Hill cycling route perfectly matches the remit, hence this email to you!

I am currently planning an episode that will be based in Surrey and have been looking into different aspects of life in the county that could both educate and entertain our audience. We would like to talk about the famous Box Hill cycling route and are looking for a cycle guide who can show our presenter the best bits of the route.

Typically the filming team is a friendly, intimate crew of 3-5 people and would require no more than half a day (3 hours should suffice). We would like to film this section of the programme on the afternoon of Tuesday 23rd September.

'Escape to the Country' attracts well over 1 million viewers each episode; I  would love our audience to have the opportunity to see exactly what your organisation has to offer. It would be great to have the opportunity to talk to you about exactly what we could film if you are happy for us to come and join you. If it sounds like something you would be happy discuss, please call me on 01494 733 522 or email me and Id be happy to arrange a time for me 
to call you that is convenient.

Thank you for taking the time to read this email and I hope to be able to speak to you soon.

Best wishes,
Katie