Team entries - Ride 100, 2014

Submitted by adewebb on Mon, 03/03/2014 - 18:30

Dear All

The team entries for the Ride 100 open tomorrow (Tues 4th) and I'll be coordinating our application for entries. I have requests for enough of you to fill six teams currently and, subject to the entry rules, I'll apply for six. We are only guaranteed one... But will know by 28th. NOTE THE CAVEATS BELOW, particularly the bit about having to be BC members!
Please ensure nobody does their own thing on team entries as It has to go through one person.
I'll keep you well informed.
Adrian

From the website...

We are again offering British Cycling affiliated clubs the chance to apply for team entries for this 100-mile event. Team categories are all men, all women or mixed (two male and two women) – you must specify the number of teams you want in each category when you apply.

Team entries open on Tuesday 4 March and close at 17:00 on Friday 21 March.

Successful teams will be informed by Friday 28 March. Clubs can apply for more than one team but all applications from a club must be co-ordinated by one person on behalf of the club.

Each rider within the team must pay their own entry fee (£48) and complete their own online entry form; all four riders in the team must have completed and paid for their entry by Friday 25 April or the team will lose its place.

There are places for 400 teams in the British Cycling Club challenge. If applications are received for more than 400 teams, a ballot will be held.

Every club that had a team riding in the 2013 event and applies for 2014 is guaranteed a minimum of one team in the 2014 event.

Please note:

A team comprises four riders
Every rider in a team must be a current British Cycling member
Teams can comprise four men or four women or a mixed team of two men and two women
Riders who hold an Elite or Category 1 British Cycling Race Licence are not eligible to enter the Club Challenge
Riders who have already secured an individual place through the original entry ballot or a charity place are not eligible to enter the Club Challenge