Minutes from the 4th March CM

Submitted by francis on Wed, 03/27/2013 - 07:55

Committee meeting conducted via the internet. Dated 4th March 2013

1. Approve and sign minutes of Committee Meeting of 14th January 2013

The minutes were circulated to committee members with no comments

They will be signed for  the record at the next meeting of the committee

Chairman’s report.Adrian submitted the following points for discussion

1) The Nutfield to Brighton vote went almost unanimously to starting again in Nutfield and not Clapham. Still 30 places unallocated...

2) We are focusing on the BC race below rather than the LVRC but Gavin Garrett was I understand committed to this already and I have said that while it would not be our targeted event we can use club communications to help Gavin and the team to raise Marshalls and support etc 

3) We will incur a loss of about £250 on the hire of the turbo session due to low attendances this year. We may want to review in future. The sessions were great and had faithful attendees each week. just not many!

3.General Secretary’s report.

A place at the  Reigate Festival of sport on the 5th May has been booked, the club Gazebo  will be manned by volunteers.

About 220 members have renewed  with the club.

The awards event was very successful with around 70 members attending. Special thanks to Adrian and Geoff for providing entertainment.

Treasurer’s report

Richard has provided accounts to Mid February, showing just over £8000 cash in bank at 31st January. Accounts can be provided on request.

Racing Secretary’s report. From Phil Jemmison.

4. The only item I was going to raise was the breakdown of the £500 prize fund for the  29th June road race.  We agreed £500 at the last meeting and I propose the following breakdown:

1st - £140 plus trophy (TBC) plus two seats at the next RCC prize evening which is in the race budget

2nd - £55

3rd - £50

4th - £45

5th - £40

6th - £35

7th - £30

8th - £25

9th - £20

10th - £15

Best placed 2nd or 3rd cat rider - £15

Primes - end of lap 1 and last lap - £15 each

No other reports were available from other club officials.