John O'Groats to Lands End Ride

Submitted by Peter Farnfield on Sun, 06/05/2011 - 15:14
Forums

As some of you know I am off this Friday morning (Gatwick to Inverness then bus to JOG) to start a nine day ride in the Ride Across Britain JOGLE. If anyone is bored and wants to follow my progress, take bets as to where I'll be at each 5 min interval of just send a silent prayer of encouragement as the hills come along here is the link http://trident.adventuretracker.com/Peter_F This will take you to a google map which will show my location at those five minute intervals.
Just a word - I joined RCC to enable me to get some organised training in for this ride in over the winter, knowing how difficult it would be to get myself out of bed on a cold, let alone wet Sat/Sun morning if it was only me. So I want to thank everyone for their help over the months and to say what a great club the RCC is. Right from the off I was made to feel very welcome and there have been lots of great rides.
If anyone wants to give a little to one of the charities that I have selected I'd be delighted. These are Surrey Air Ambulance www.justgiving.com/Peter-Farnfield; Christ's Hospital as above but Peter-Farnfield-CH and finally The St Elizabeth's Centre Peter-Farnfield-StE. The latter is a home for the severely disabled. My middle son Alex lives there and the money is being raised to refurbish the day centre. Christ's Hospital is based in Horsham and is my old school. I am one of the trustees of the charity that provides much of the finance that enables the school to offer most of its places to disadvantaged children who would not otherwise be able to afford the fees.
All great causes and any donations will be much appreciated.
Cheers for now and see you in a couple of weeks or so.