Marshals needed for SL road races

Submitted by rupert on Tue, 04/06/2010 - 13:44
Forums

This year, the club is running two Surrey League road races - one Thursday evening handicap race on Newdigate circuit and a Saturday afternoon Cat 3 road race on Bletchingley circuit.

It is a requirement of our club memebership of Surrey League that we run two races per year and an excellent opportunity for promotion of the club!

These races cannot run without marshals so I appeal to anyone who may be able to help out to let me know either by reply to this thread, or by emailing me on mailto:roadracing@redhillcc.co.uk Friends or family can also help out. [:)]

So, the races are:

Thursday June 10th 1915 - Newdigate Handicap E/1/2/3/4 road race.
Saturday July 31st 1330 - Bletchingley Cat 3 road race.

I will need marshals to be on the course around an hour before the race start times so they can be briefed and get race aids etc.

There are various jobs for marshals so let me know if you have a preference! I need people for race registration, driving lead cars 1 & 2 (experience is beneficial for this job), marshalling junctions / bridges, marshalling start / finish line, photography and stand-ins in case I need extra marshals somewhere. I will also have a lot of signage to put up / take down and would appreciate help with that.

Hopefully these road races can run as well as they did last year - thanks largely to the volunteers! [:D]

If you are a Redhill road racer and can compete in either of the above events, I would rather you did that than marshal. It makes the event much more satisfying to run if we are represented in the racing action!