Merlin Solis (Titanium) Road Bike 2003

Submitted by Nathan on Wed, 11/18/2009 - 09:51

Again...selling on behalf of a friend...

An excellent bike if you are interested in long distant rides / sportives. Well made with top grade accessories, very light and very comfortable...as well as being something of a rarity.

Merlin Solis

- Titanium Frame...these frames aren't engraved with a size but I believe it to be the 'large' version...see below for geometry.
- Carbon Fork
- Cane Creek Headset
- Full Dura Ace (inc pedals)
- Triple Chainset (53/39/30)
- 12-27 cassette (9 Speed)
- Mavic Ksyrium SSC SL Wheelset
- Easton EC70 Seat Post
- Easton EC50 Bars
- Newton Deda Stem
- Fizik Saddle

This bike is in good condition for age. There are signs of wear and tear. Scratch on forks, on the outside of both brake levers (as if its been lent against a wall) and the odd one on the frame...nothing bad, but in keeping with the age of the bike.

The bike would cost at least £4,000 to replace. If you feel you might be interested in buying then its best to view it and then have a chat about an offer. There is obviously a need to balance the fact that this is quite a special bike against the issues of 'wear and tear' I've mentioned. I'm realistic...clearly the bike is not worth anywhere near its original price...however I'd appreciate if any offers made are realistic also!

If you think you might be interested, and want to arrange a viewing, then please give me call...07941 950 255

Cheers for now

Nathan

Geometry...assuming the frame is the 'Large Version':

virtual size- cm 57
frame size (ctr-ctr) - cm 52.8
top tube length- cm 55.2
head tube angle 73.5°
seat tube angle 73.0°
chainstay length- cm 41.0
wheelbase- cm 97.3
standover height- cm 81.2
front center- cm 57.5
bottom bracket drop 7.6
fork rake- mm 43.5
frame weight- grams (lbs) 1486 (3.3)

The Merlin site said this about the Solis:

MTS size-specific 3Al-2.5V titanium and premium carbon fiber combine the ultimate frame materials | Short top tube and taller head tube allows for a more comfortable upright position but preserves Merlin’s signature handling finesse | Slightly sloping top tube for more standover clearance and mounting ease | Merlin’s trademark hourglass-sculpted carbon seatstays offer an extremely smooth ride | Oversize 1 3/8" down tube provides excellent torsional rigidity and ensures awesome acceleration | 7/8" chainstays for wickedly efficient power transfer | Lifetime warranty—only the best