For sale - Trek Madone 4.5 60cm monocoque carbon

Submitted by adewebb on Sat, 10/03/2009 - 17:24

Hi

Having had a small piece of financial good fortune and succumbed to the nagging lure of a Ti bike (a Van Nicholas) that I've wanted for years, I'm now selling (correction, I will be in serious trouble unless I sell) my beloved Trek.

This is a bike for a rider 6'2" or above who wants a fast and silky smooth ride. It has incredibly comfortable geometry and is best for Sportives and all-day type rides. 40 - 60m just disappears it's so forgiving.

It has a Shimano Ultegra rear mech with a 25-12 cassette, the crankset (a double) and front mech are Shimano 105.

It has comfortable 46cm Bontrager bars, a Bontrager saddle and seat post and Bontrager Race wheels (beautiful - flat carbon spokes).

This bike has seen around 2,000m of riding - no racing, no scratches or crashes apart from two small scuffs on the top of the brakes (from storage in my garage).

Recently fully serviced and given a new chain by Tony at [url]www.pedalmedic.com[/url].

Bought in March 2008 for £1,300, I'm looking for offers of half this or more.

Click here for a picture: [url]http://tr.im/AxV9[/url]

This is a beautiful bike for anyone interesting in going full carbon. The black style was replaced this year with the white version but this looks beautiful even after a ride in the wet unlike the new ones!

All serious enquiries to [url="mailto:adewebb@gmail.com"]adewebb@gmail.com[/url].

You are welcome to ride it before deciding.

Adrian